DSC | Northwest Ohio
1002 Garden Lake Pkwy Toledo, OH 43614
(Inside the Sight Center)
(419) 720-3935 V (419) 386-2627 VP
Reviving a Service Center for the Deaf Community
In early 2014, we were reached out by an organization Deaf Leadership Foundation and OOD as the agency overseeing the Community Center for the Deaf had closed down. As of May 2014, we opened our doors at the Sight Center in Toledo and hired a Center Director to oversee programs and services in Northwestern Ohio. We provide services such as case management, advocacy, education, sign language classes, youth services, interpreting services, employment services and deaf culture/technology presentations from this office to the northwest region of Ohio.
Programs and Services Offered in Toledo, Ohio
- ADA Education & Deaf Awareness Presentations
- Advocacy, Case Management & Peer Support
- ASL Classes
- Employment Services
- iCanConnect Program
- Interpreting Services
- Interpreter Mentoring & Workshops
- Language Development Support Specialist (Language Facilitators)
- OYO Camp
- Pre-Employment Transition Services Program
- Relay Ohio/CapTel
- Speech to Text Services
- Spoken Language Interpreting Services
- Summer Youth Work Experience Program
- UBI Duo
We strive to provide the highest quality of services in order to empower the community and strengthen partnerships and participation.
Your donation makes a
world of difference!
DSC relies on donations from our loyal supporters to continue our mission to empower the Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and DeafBlind and to promote access to communication, services and events in the community. Your gift, in any amount, will have a tremendous impact. Thank you for your support!