Job Title: Seasonal position (5 weeks) – Summer Employment Job Coach Dates: June 6, 2022 to July 15, 2022 (Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 4:00pm) **Note: We will be closed for the week of July 3rd to July 9th.
Training: June 3rd at 12pm to 5pm @ Deaf Services Center (Worthington, OH) Location: Columbus, Ohio
The Job Coach is responsible for supervising and training the individuals (age 16-21) served in an effort to develop the skills needed to perform specific tasks, work routines, and personal life habits that are critical to successful employment.
Estimated of working hours: 32 to 40 hours (hours can be adjusted depends on consumer’s worksite hours) per week for 5 weeks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fluent in American Sign Language with the ability to meet the communication needs of Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and Deafblind participants
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with current car insurance to transport participants to/from work site
- Maintain an effective relationship with referral sources and employers
- Identify barriers to employment as well as solutions to said barriers
- Uphold the rights, dignity and respect of all persons served as well as promote independence and self-advocacy skills
- Devise, plan and implement effective job coaching strategies
- Possess current knowledge of employment soft skills practices
- Demonstrate and work with the young participants how to appropriately communicate with management, co-workers and customers who are hearing
- Complete documentation as needed related to accreditation and referral sources in a timely manner
- Monitor and document participants’ progress
- Understand the demands of an employer in a work place (time studies, productivity, flexibility)
- Must be able to pass a background check and a drug test
- Other assigned duties
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to Chris Kuhns, email@example.com
DSC’s mission is to empower the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind and to promote access to communication, services and events in the community. DSC’s envisions a community where there are no communication barriers facing Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-Blind individuals. Updated March 2022