Deaf Services Center, Inc. (DSC) is a 30-year-old statewide nonprofit organization whose core mission is focused on providing essential programs and services to members of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind community. Nearly 70% of those we serve have incomes at or below the US Poverty level. Additional information about DSC and our programs and services may be found by visiting dsc.org. DSC operates an Interpreting Services department (our Social Enterprise initiative) and we are in search of a Business Development Account Manager to help us strengthen our business relationships with our existing client base and identify and close new Interpreting Services opportunities. The individual selected for this position will also be responsible for identifying potential competitive threats from other Interpreting Services competitors and developing business solutions to successfully mitigate the threat(s) and maintain DSC’s client base.
Key Position Responsibilities Include:
- Develop a thorough understanding of DSC’s Interpreting Services offerings and possesses a solid working knowledge of Deaf culture and the interpreting process;
- Develop a solid working knowledge of DSC’s current Interpreting Services client base as well as an understanding of why each client chooses to work with DSC;
- Develop a solid working knowledge of DSC’s competitors;
- Through in-person meetings as well as regular contacts by e-mail, Zoom calls and/or Social Media interaction, develop a rapport with our client base (relationship building);
- Represent DSC at community-based networking events to promote the advantages and benefits of using DSC for Interpreting Services;
- Develop a reference-selling model whereby the benefits we provide to our existing clients can be effectively leveraged to secure new clients;
- Other sales and account management tasks as may be periodically assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Proactive, self-motivated and socially-engaging personality that is effective at selling service(s) and at building positive, trust-based relationships;
- Two (or more) years verifiable experience in sales, account management, community engagement or closely related field (examples of work may be required);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in the medical, legal and corporate fields;
- Working knowledge of Social Media platforms and Microsoft Office Solutions (WORD and PowerPoint);
- Bachelor’s Degree and Authorization to work in the United States
Deaf Services Center, Inc. will consider all applicants who meet our Minimum Position Requirements without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status.