CASE MANAGEMENT/PEER SUPPORT
- Helps with SSA & Medicare issues, Welfare benefit issues, Employment issues, CMHA issues, Court/Probation issues and many other issues.
- Teaches and/or empowers consumers how to resolve problems, advocate for their needs, overcome communication barriers and access community resources.
ADVOCACY/ADA TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
- Helps consumers understand and fight for their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other civil right laws.
- Provides direct and indirect advocacy services.
- Assists businesses, organizations, community services providers, government offices and others find the best way to meet their ADA responsibilities.
DEAF EQUIPMENT MODIFICATION PROGRAM
- Assists Deaf and hard of hearing individuals receiving low to moderate incomes receive free equipment to make their homes accessible.
- Refers consumers located outside of Columbus to other organizations that can help their needs.
Walk In hours are on Tuesdays 9 am until 12 pm, Thursdays from 1 pm until 4 pm or by appointment. To schedule, please email us at email@example.com or call us.
With the grants made available through H.U.D., the City of Columbus has contracted with DSC to be able to provide equipment to individuals who meet the established criteria. Through DEMP, qualifying people can receive home modification equipment such as TTY’s amplified phones and signalers.
- Must be deaf or hard of hearing or have a dependent that is deaf or hard of hearing.
- To get free equipment, you must live in Columbus.
- To get free equipment, you must meet the income level.
- Amplified Phones, TTYs, Flashing Smoke Detectors and other devices available.
For more information about DEMP, you can contact T.J. Veppert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tamera (TJ) Veppert
Walk-ins on Tuesday will remain the same 9 AM to noon – Thank you!
- Deaf Services Center
- 5830 North High Street
- Worthington, Ohio 43085